Tuesdays | Sept 5th – Oct 24th | 7 pm-10 pm | 8 sessions | $225+gst
Learn how to paint a portrait in oils with acclaimed artist Pat Russman!!! Pat is a leading oil painter and portrait artist whose art work has been featured in provincial shows and major magazines. Past students have remarked that they love her structure and teaching style, even if you are just starting out she makes it easy to understand.
Develop your own painting with step by step instruction and guidance. Using your own photograph of someone you love, you’ll get to draw then paint with oil paints. This is one class and instructor you don’t want to miss!
Class size is limited to 12 people so sign up soon to avoid disappointment.
Please bring the following supplies:
- A good photograph in either a 5×7 or 8×10 size (if you can’s see the image well enough it will be difficult to paint so please get a crisp one)
- 16″ x 20″ canvas
- Clear ruler (12″ to 22″ will do)
- Technical pencil
- Brushes: Detail brush 000-1, 1/4 Flat or Angle brush, 1/2 or 3/4 flat brush. Not course bristle ones, the synthetics are ok.
- Oil Paints: White, yellow ochre, burnt sienna, alizarin crimson, burnt umber, paynes grey, colbalt blue
- No thinner required for clean up, murphy’s oil soap, mineral spirits or dishwasher liquid works just fine.
- Linseed oil – this is optional
- Disposable pallet